Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Transmission Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Mount

New to the site new 56 Flight Hawk Owner its mine all mine and I am loving it. Had it on the rack and noticed it didnt have a rear transmission motor mount it has the holes on the frame and also on the automatic tranny. Any suggestions on where to locate one.

If you join the Studebaker Drivers Club you will have all this information in your hands in the form of the monthly magazine TURNING WHEELS.
    Glad to have you aboard.
    They are on page 145 in this link:

http://www.studebaker-intl.com/PDF/Engine.pdf

You will probably also want a copy of the factory Body and Chassis catalogs and the Shop Manual.
    Last edited by rockne10; 11-01-2010, 06:21 PM.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I think your car should have 2 mounts, one on each side of the bell housing, rather than one single mount at the back.
      Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by JD56FH View Post
        New to the site new 56 Flight Hawk Owner its mine all mine and I am loving it. Had it on the rack and noticed it didnt have a rear transmission motor mount it has the holes on the frame and also on the automatic tranny. Any suggestions on where to locate one.
        WELCOME ...to the SDC FORUM!!!

Below is some info & pics. from the 1956 Studebaker Shop Manual you may find handy as you explore your new Flight Hawk. Good Luck!!!

Comment

I believe Figure 72 is what you are looking for, the ONLY rear Engine supports necessary are the TWO mounts under the Torque Converter Housing, I can't believe they would be missing if the car runs and drives, because it could not, throttle pressure linkage and shift linkage would be too far off to work, AND bent.

Studebaker Transmissions all hang on the Converter housing, since both are Cast Iron, there is plenty enough strength there.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X