Engine Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Lift

What is the prefered way to lift an engine? I see a lot of people use the plate that bolts on where the carb goes, but when I start looking at those 4 little bolts it worried me. How do you guys do it?

Thanks
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Remove the intake manifold assembly, 8 bolts, fuel line, accelerator linkage. Plug up cylinder head ports with shop rags. Use approprate length grade 8 bolts and suitable heavy duty chain, connected between opposing corners where the intake was bolted down. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA

Comment

We usually use longer bolts in the opposite corners of the intake manifold without removing the manifold, but remove the carburetor. I am surprised how much weight those bolts can hold, but I do tend to hold my breath at first.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        We usually use longer bolts in the opposite corners of the intake manifold without removing the manifold, but remove the carburetor. I am surprised how much weight those bolts can hold, but I do tend to hold my breath at first.
        Man, you guys are gonna dump that poor little 6 on it's side! (oh yeah, Studebaker did make a pretty good V8 didn't they?) (ouch! Ouch! ouch!)
        Ron Dame
        '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
        X