52 Commander Truck Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Commander Truck Lock

I changed the license plate light bulb on my 52 Commander and apparrently mis-installed the trunk lid handle/lock and now I can't open the trunk lid...any suggestions.
    Lou Van Anne
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

You may have forgotten to connect the lever on the right side of the chrome "wing" shaped Trunk Ornament/Handle to the trunk LATCH before latching the lid, if that is the case going through the back seat to release it may be the only way.
    If it is an issue with the lock cylinder, insert the key and put a paper clip in the small release hole in the cylinder and remove the lock, allowing you to turn the cog inside of the cyl. hole to unlock the trunk.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks StudeRich! I got it. The lever was connected but the cam (type B) had come out of alignment...I think the Studebaker engineer had forgotten the KISS principal...or maybe it's that I'm mechanicaly challenged(pretty stupid when it come to things mechanical). The truth be know, I'll admit, it's the latter. I still love Studebakers!...and always will.
      Lou Van Anne
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

geez, our support system is so great! glad you got into the trunk without any damage to your beautiful 52!! ( cutting torch no longer needed <g>)
        1951 Custom
        1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
        1962 Champ
        1963 Standard R1 4 speed
        1963 Avanti R1
        1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
        2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
        X