flow thru fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flow thru fuel pumps

I know this has been thoroughly discussed here, and recently too, however the search function won't bring it up for me. So, who knows the best kind of flow-thru fuel pump for a twelve-volt system? I'd like to turn it on when needed to augment the mechanical and also to make first starts easier. Then I'd like to be able to shut the thing off and have the mechanical be able to pull through it. I'm having trouble with a Motorhome and would like to augment a fuel pump that can't seem to pull the gas twenty-five feet, whilst climbing the mountain, for some reason. Seriously, everytime we come home from Redding and go up over Buckhorn summit (3034 ft) it starves for gas on the grade half way to the summit. The coach doesn't need it on the flat, just whilst climbing up sharp grades. Also, I'd like to put one of these in the Studees to make starting easier first thing in the morning.

You know how NAPA is, they practically need an exact number and description to find their own... um, parts.

So... anyone?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Sit tight and watch your mailbox for the November Turning Wheels headed your way, Ron.

Half of Page 20, all of Page 21, and a little of Page 22 in the November Co-Operator is devoted to electric fuel pumps and vapor lock issues, with model names, part numbers, flow rates and pressures, etc, all discussed. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ron, if you need one now, I have a Purolator Pro #12S universal electronic fuel pump on one of my cars for a booster and it is a flow through type. Should be readily available at most FLAPS. It is just a small square type that pulses.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

If there are any left over questions after the article comes out, I'd be happy to research them for the group. I've been with Airtex Products 22 years now & can dig up any specs you might need.

BTW, I've been hammering management about our V8 "oil-leaker" mechanichal pumps.
        Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
          If there are any left over questions after the article comes out, I'd be happy to research them for the group. I've been with Airtex Products 22 years now & can dig up any specs you might need.

BTW, I've been hammering management about our V8 "oil-leaker" mechanichal pumps.
          Mike Sal
          Great, Mike; thanks so much. We primarily discuss Airtex electric pumps in The Co-Operator, using information I got from their website. ('Sure hope it was "the latest.")

And puhlleeeeze let us know when they get the mechanical leakers cured and "good to go" with E10; we are all waiting! <GGG> BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I have a Mr Gasket "Micro Electronic Fuel Pump' #12S (rated 4-7 PSI) with an LED on/off toggle switch under the dash for my 64 GT R-1.

Turn the ignition to on, flick the switch on, and let it run for 10-15 seconds, then turn the key and it fires up...let it run a little and flick the switch off. It works very well for a car that was a real pain to start after sitting more than 2 days.
            Barry Leppan
            Ontario, Canada
            64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
            GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Working...
            X