Inner "A" Arm Bushing Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner "A" Arm Bushing Dimension

Can anyonr supply the dimensions (ID, OD, Length) of the inner suspension bushings (originally rubber), later (up to 1964) Hawk? I'd rather not tear mine apart if someone has the spec's available.

Thanks for your help,
    Paul Keller

Upper, lower or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Upper, lower or both?
      Pretty sure he wants both. Sucks that Noltec is in limbo right now, that
      really sounded promising!

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Yes, both upper & lower inner bushings, the originally rubber ones. Any help in providing the ID, OD and Length would be of great help.
        Thanks, Paul K

Comment

I am having a vendor on the GTO forum check with WhiteLine and Lovells to see if
          they purchased left over stock from Noltec. Apparently WhiteLine bought Noltec.

Tom
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Tom,
            Thanks for the info - Let me know if you get a + or - response.

Also, Sure could use the bushing spec's - Trying to finish the engine and don't want to be tearing something else apart right now.

Comment

No dice from Lovells, they don't carry them. Did you try Whiteline? They bought Noltec.

Tom

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I have been very busy lately.
                Lower. .880" ID 1.450" OD 1.582" long including the shoulder.
                On the ID the part that I measured was a Harris Silent and the dimension varied from .880" to .8815"

Comment

Alan,
                  Thanks for the lower dimensions - Its a good start.

Does anyone have the same for the Uppers??
                  Paul K

Comment

These will vary quite a bit because of different runs of them and a slight angle built into them. You could find 4 different size ranges but don't want to go wrong. Measure the HOLE that they go into.

Comment

Very good point - Does anyone have the dimesions for the upper, inner "A" arm holes (diameter and length) plus the diameter for the bracket that bolts to the frame?
                      Paul K

Comment

Working...
                      X