62 Lark Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark Help

I have a 1962 Lark, 4 door sedan, 3 speed with a 259 V8. There's two things I would like some help on. I want to replace the front bench seat with buckets seats and a center console if possible. Does anyone know what cars would have a seat that would fit? The other thing is, the car has a three speed transmission. I have a T 86 with O.D. I want to put in. Does anyone know if there is a top plate with the shifter built in that would bolt right on this transmission. I think I've heard them called a top loader. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gene
    Last edited by Drifter22; 10-11-2010, 08:48 PM.
    Gene Shambaugh

I believe that some of the earlier trans top shifters can be adapted to the T86, but if you want a floor-shifted OD, a T-5 is the way to go. They are pretty inexpensive & shift nicely. We have conversion experts here who can advise you & sell you the necessary parts to make the conversion.

I can probably help you with the seats you want.
    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Yes, a Jeep T-90 shifter plate will bolt onto the T-86 with some very minor modifications. I think it's a really slick setup. You have to elongate the two rear holes about 3/16" and cut the low/reverse shift fork off and move it 3/16" inch back. You also have to weld a plate onto the fork so shifting into reverse works like normal. Without it you have to pull the O/D handle out every time you want to back up.

Here's one on eBay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T-90-...item2ea4e9a56c
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
      X