Mounting a Winch On Pat's Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a Winch On Pat's Trailer

Mounted a remote control winch 'inside' a tongue mounted box on Pat Skelly's trailer today.
    Not quite finished, but it has turned out pretty slick so far.
    Put the battery in a plastic marine case (to keep things clean), and Pat can store his tie downs right in there.
    Oh, it's a fancy remote control winch....with a key fob control.
    Smooooth..
    Jeff
    Pic's are up at Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/album/578763768vxFVUl

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-12-2010, 03:04 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

An electric winch is a nice accessory on a trailer. The trailer that I sometimes borrow from work has a winch mounted on a section of square tubing which fits in a receiver with a pin just like a trailer hitch. The winch has long cables that can be run to the tow vehicles battery and a control cord that plugs into the end of the winch. The nice thing is if you use the trailer for something else the winch is not taking up space. It sure beats dragging a vehicle onto the trailer with a come-along.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Cute little thing. Hope everything it's used on is lightweight and the tires are fully aired up...
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
      X