No announcement yet.

Help! I am looking for some parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POST NUMBER FOUR? Same thing, for those that could help with more windows than have already been offered, see Post Number THREE here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...320#post493320

You know it is OK to find one of your older posts and just click on "REPLY" to it, to add a comment and bring it back to the top of the list, no need to keep posting, more posts you just get different answers on each.

If you have not figured it out by now looking at pictures of different models of Studebakers, a COUPE is a long, low sport model similar to a "K" Hardtop but with swing-out rear windows instead of no-post roll-down type, and is called a "C" Body and the body tag on the passenger side of the firewall will tell you the body type.

A 2 Door Sedan is a taller shorter "F" Body and in '55 not built in the President Series, they are Commander and Champion only.

N8N Nate has one on post THREE.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-09-2010, 01:53 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

i am having trouble with navigating throughout the froum and so theat y i have continued to porst others and did not see the post offering me the vent windows yet sorry
      Last edited by asprose; 10-09-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asprose View Post
        1955 studebaker
        2 door sedan
        chrome or stainless
        it is untinted
        It is NOT a two door sedan if it is a 1955 President. There were NO 1955 President two door sedans. I believe that you are calling a C body State coupe a 2 door sedan. As stated before, sedans (2 or 4 door), C body coupes and K body hardtops all use different vent window assemblies. If you simply provide the body plate information from underhood on the firewall, all of this confusion will be resolved. You will not get help if you do not help yourself and please refrain from making new posts/topics on this same subject.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

1955 studebaker
          2 door sedan
          chrome or stainless
          untinted
          It is NOT a two door sedan if it is a 1955 President. There were NO 1955 President two door sedans. I believe that you are calling a C body State coupe a 2 door sedan. As stated before, sedans (2 or 4 door), C body coupes and K body hardtops all use different vent window assemblies. If you simply provide the body plate information from underhood on the firewall, all of this confusion will be resolved. You will not get help if you do not help yourself and please refrain from making new posts/topics on this same subject.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I NEED A VENT WINDO ASSMEBLY FOR THE FRONT DOORS

1955 studebaker
            2 door sedan "not a hard top"
            chrome or stainless
            untinted
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Here's all the 55 body styles:

http://hem.bredband.net/b284654/project/1955_2.htm
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Pleasedo not keep starting new threads for the same question. I have merged all your threads into one twice today. You will get more help with one thread for your question. Good luck I hope you find the part you need.

Comment

i have googled my car that i have been explaining to u guys and guys may be mistaken (their where only 12,000 made ) here is the pic

Comment

http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/stud5501.htm

Comment

i have googled my car that i have been explaining to u guys and guys may be mistaken (their where only 12,000 made ) here is the pic
                      That is exactly what I determined your car to be - a 1955 President State coupe (C body).
                      The vent assemblies from any 1953-1961 C body is what you can use.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

does anyone on here have one i can buy from them because i have looked and looked and i can only find the glass

Comment

anyone have an assemdlie i can buy from them because i can not find them at all

Comment

If you go back through all the responses above, you will see that N8N said that he was pretty sure that he had one side. Have you tried to contact him? Have you contacted the vendors listed in the vendors link in my previous response to your request? Many Stude vendors specialize in used parts, but do not check this forum regularly. In fact, there probably are only a few hundred of us that are regulars here -- so repeatedly posting the same request here is not likely to produce a different response -- and still misses most of the parts sources that are likely to have what you're looking for.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                            X