Brake pedal bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pedal bushings

there are 2 brass bushings in my brake pedal where is pivots on the shaft welded to the frame. One is totally gone and the other is worn thru.
    I took it to a machine shop and he said I'd have to find the bushings, which i haven't been able to find. I did find someone to custom make some for me.
    Has anyone found OEM bushings for a Brand X car that would work?
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

Wow, a machine shop turning away a job as easy as making brass bushings for a brake pedal. Business must be better in Golden than in Spokane. I've got a loose clutch pedal in the garage somewhere. I'll measure it and refresh my memory as to where I sourced the bushings. It was such a common size, I don't remember them being hard to find.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

find a new machine shop!
      Originally posted by Gallivan View Post
      there are 2 brass bushings in my brake pedal where is pivots on the shaft welded to the frame. One is totally gone and the other is worn thru.
      I took it to a machine shop and he said I'd have to find the bushings, which i haven't been able to find. I did find someone to custom make some for me.
      Has anyone found OEM bushings for a Brand X car that would work?

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

How much should I expect to pay (ballpark) to have 2 brass bushings made (approx 1" dia)
        Gallivan
        57 Golden Hawk
        Golden, CO

Comment

Call your local bearing supply house. They should be able to help you out. You will have to get an accurate measurement off the frame mount for the ID. You can take them the pedal for the OD on the bushing . You can double up for the length if you need to. and trip off the excess.

Gordon

Comment

What is your exact OD and ID? I thought the ones on my '56 GH were .6250" (5/8") ID, which is a catalog size.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

my bushings are 24mm (.9448 inches) ID and 25mm (1inch) OD
              I have Auto Trans- don't know if that makes a difference

I was hoping to find bushings on the shelf somewhere- I'll do a Google search
              Gallivan
              57 Golden Hawk
              Golden, CO

Comment

Whisler bearing
                5775 Stapleton dr. north
                Denver Co.80216
                303 377 3444

Comment

I looked on the Net, and appararently that is not a standard size- I called Whisler here in Denver and they have them in 1" OD but nothing that thin, so I'll get a couple of those and have a machine shop bore out the ID and cut a lube groove
                  Gallivan
                  57 Golden Hawk
                  Golden, CO

Comment

PS- if anyone else needs these let me know today, and I'll get a couple of extras made
                    Gallivan
                    57 Golden Hawk
                    Golden, CO

Comment

Those dimensions are pretty close to some engine wrist pin bushings. I'd have looked through the engine catalog for something close. However, I've been known to invest more time in an interchange than would have taken to fab the parts.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

just wanted to finish this up for the benefit of someone in the future who does a search for "Brake Pedal Bushings"
                        I ended up getting two 1" OD by 7/8" ID x 1"tall broze oil-impregnated bushings, took them to a machine shop where they will bore out the center for 15/16" ID
                        Gallivan
                        57 Golden Hawk
                        Golden, CO

Comment

Working...
                        X