X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by ROADRACELARK View Post
    To lessen the chance of damage to the glass, the moulding or the rubber, the info you found is correct. Sorry for the bad news.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA
    Dan is correct.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Dan's correct. The trim will only go in before the rubber is installed on the glass, before the glass is installed on the car. Get yourself a copy of the Shop Manual. It will tell you how to remove and install the glass. It's possible to do it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• ROADRACELARK
    replied
    To lessen the chance of damage to the glass, the moulding or the rubber, the info you found is correct. Sorry for the bad news.

Dan Miller
    Auburn, GA

Leave a comment:

• stevo5671
    started a topic Rear window trim install on Hawk

Rear window trim install on Hawk

When I got my Power Hawk 10 years ago the back window was missing so I got a replacement window for it and a new window gasket. A friend on mine who is a mechanic and also tinkers with old cars put the window in for me. Fast forward 10 years and I'm now trying to finish up some odds and ends on the car before winter so I pulled out the stainless trim that goes around the rear window which has been sitting in the trunk for quite some time. Didn't look too hard, but I couldn't figure out how to get that triangular piece in without bending the tab on the back side all to you know what. I searched the archived threads here and found some info that indicates the trim was supposed to go on during the install of the new gasket. Do I need to take the window out and start over or is there a way to get the trim on???? Hopefully somebody has some good news for me.

Thanks,

Steve
Working...
X