Truck Heater vs wiper arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Heater vs wiper arms

Working on c cab truck. I currently have a type B style heater and have a later model 12 volt wiper system. I want to put a type A heater in the truck; I just like the look of it better. I like the lazy s on the front of it, and I would like to get rid of the fan mounted on the fender. Question is will it work with the later style wiper system, or will the wiper arms hit it?
    Last edited by TDITS; 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM.
    TDITS The Dude In The Stude

I have no personal experience with putting a 12v wiper system in a truck with a type A heater, but the critical parameter would appear to be the size of the type A heater box vs the type B. The parts books don't tell us exactly when Stude changed from the A to B heaters, but electric wipers were available as an option on all C-cab trucks. So we know that Stude offered electric wipers on trucks with the type A heater box. The design of the truck electric wipers changed very little (except for the voltage of the wiper motor) during that entire run, though there was a change in the mounting bracket at the serial numbers listed in footnote 18 of section 24 of the 2R-2E parts book. So if your truck has a serial number after those, I think an original Stude 12v wiper system should fit fine. I am not familiar with the aftermarket truck wiper systems, so can't provide any info on whether they will fit or not.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
    X