Floor panel finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor panel finishes

What factory finish was applied to the interior surfaces of floor panels? Primer-paint-other? If painted, were they the same color as the body's exterior?

Thanks,

On the Larks that I have had they have all been body color (same as the exterior). I can not say for the older cars/trucks.

Mark

Comment

My all original 51 Commander has the floors painted body color.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Likewise with my '55 President. Same colour as outside.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

My '51 and '53 appeared to be primed and overshot with sound deadening glop. The '60 and '63 were body color with no glop. The '33 seams to be bare plywood.
          Last edited by rockne10; 09-28-2010, 05:12 PM.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Removed the seats from my '57GoldenHawk this weekend and cleaned 30 years of debris and dirt from the floor; the entire floor is a pale yellow color, assume it is a primer coat. Body color is the traditional Tiara Gold, so definitely NOT body color.....

Comment

I have found that pale yellow in panels in my 55K which was satin black from the factory. Mentioned it before and people thought I was daft. Saw the pale yellow on many early c/ks. So it's primer? I wondered where all the pale yellow Studes had gone (lol).
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The correct color is "rust" LOl use an etching primer on it, and a good couple coats of color. as primer is NOT water proof!

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

My '53 Starlight had undercoat sprayed on bare metal and body color on top of it when I was tearing it down for restoration.

Comment

My '53 Starliner had the sound deadening asphalt stuff sprayed over grey primer or bare metal depending on where it was. Then, there was a "mist" coat of body color overspray on top of that.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                    X