Draw Tite Trailer Hitch part numbers for Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw Tite Trailer Hitch part numbers for Studebakers

Its been a few years since the topic came up . I searched threads on this with no luck. Does anyone have the list of part numbers for the Draw Tite Trailer Hitches that fit Studebakers???????

I recall someone posted a list/dealer lit on the subject.......

Search "Trailer Hitch for Hawk", dated 10/26/2009. I own a Draw Tite No. 55, made specifically for Hawks. I included its picture in that post thread. Dan

Comment

I have a Draw Tight hitch for my 63' Cruiser. Came with a load of junk (mostly) from the dealer pile. Says: Studebaker Lark 1962-65....I see no other number anywhere...
      Last edited by jackb; 09-30-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Tried to get Ivorydan's post to come up, but couldn't get it...oh well. I have a Draw Tite on my Wagonaire--original, and I use it to tow stuff, trailers and including the Jeep on occasion. Can't see the numbers offhand...if anyone knows what the different part numbers were for Hawks, Larks and Avantis, that would be useful info, and also what fits what.

Comment

We took a Draw-Tight off a Mercedes last week; two bolts into the bumper, which was held to the car with two aluminum brackets, and two carriage bolts down through the trunk floor under the spare. What in the world were they thinking? The aluminum brackets had disintegrated and the hitch was the only thing keeping the bumper attached to the trunk floor!
          Last edited by rockne10; 09-28-2010, 06:18 AM.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

DO all of your hitches have a 2nd part that 'connects' the bumper brackets to the hitch? (a piece of metal about the width of the frame rails?)

Thanks

Comment

Nope-just one piece. Dan

Comment

Good info. Would love a Drawtite for my 55K (once all the other issues have been dealt with). I have one for my Acura Legend Coupe and that was extremely hard to find. The RV place up the highway found the "last One" in Canada for my old Acura and then they balked at installing it. Liability issues with any car over ten years. I urged them to inspect the car (oiled yearly) and when they found no rust issues, reluctantly agreed to do the install and it's been working fine for five years. Good luck with your search and your install...and thanks for the info, Dan. "Number 55".
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

my hitch has a wide arm welded to ball carrier/chain holes that reaches to the frame-to-bumper brackets. I nabbed a couple of 3 inch long bumper bolts @ York last year for install. The inner (front) member "U" 's under the rear valence and has two horizontal, fore and aft, bolt holes for mounting to the rear frame cross member....they appear to be only 5/16ths thru bolts.

Comment

Working...
                  X