64 Wagonaire tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Wagonaire tailgate

I need a 63-64 wagonaire tailgate. I'm assuming the 63 will also fit my 64.

Not exactly a technical question, but I'm desparate since not many wagonaire were sold(?) so finding a tailgate
    seems near impossible.

Thanking anyone with a lead.

Henry

'64 Tailgate

Henry-
    I have a couple of good, used tailgates available.
    What part of the country are you in? You don't list your location.
    Unfortunately, shipping such a heavy piece will probably be pricey, but perhaps we can find a solution.
    BTW- '63-'66 tailgates are all interchangeable & the only differnece would be trim level.
    Please let me know if you are still looking for one.
    Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

There were about 20K wagons built 1963-1966. For Studebakers especially, I would not put this in the "not many" category.

The hard part is that it is not a good part to ship. I do not see your location under your handle.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply regarding wagonaire tailgates.

I live in Wadsworth, Ohio, about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

Christof, I wrote you an email as I don't think it's proper to talk possible transactions on this forum

Gary L, thanks for letting me know the number built. They sure are hard to find now. You don't mention you have any for sale. If you do I would like to have your email address.

Comment

One important note on these things: You can only put the step ladder on tailgates that were meant (built) for them. Even though all tailgates look like the ladder can bolt on, (and they will) The tailgates that had the ladder have special stiffeners on the inside to support the weight. I think certain trim levels dictated this option.

Anyone have the guts from a rusty one with a step ladder so I can add a step to mine? Trade a good ladder for one.....

(6 wagons to build one ? )
          Last edited by (S); 09-27-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdbrain1 View Post
            Thank you for your prompt reply regarding wagonaire tailgates.

I live in Wadsworth, Ohio, about 30 miles south of Cleveland.

Christof, I wrote you an email as I don't think it's proper to talk possible transactions on this forum

Gary L, thanks for letting me know the number built. They sure are hard to find now. You don't mention you have any for sale. If you do I would like to have your email address.
            I do not presently have one for sale and do not know of any in this area.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X