Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Drip Rail Sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drip Rail Sealer

Hi, Does anyone out there have the tool(similar to a caulk gun) for applying the two part drip edge sealer. This stuff comes in a cartridge and is mixed in the nozzle. Applied like caulk. I'm looking to borrow ar rent the tool. I foungd on for sale, but they run about $200. I will only need this once and thought I would see if someone had invested in tool. Thanks
    David

A friend of mine just bought one. I'll ask him where and price. It's intended use is panel adhesive for newer cars. The nozzles are definitely one time use.

I used 3M Flexi-clear seam sealer and a regular caulking gun on mine. Cut the nozzle tip very small.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Go to your local Collison Center, Ask if you can "rent one" for the weekend! I'd try a smaller shop if there is one close by.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Just tried this and was happy with results -- use regular
        caulking gun. Evercoat epoxy OEM type seam sealer.

http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=256

53commander HDTP
        53 Champion HDTP
        61 Cursed Purple Hawk
        64 Champ long bed V8
        64 Champ long bed V8
        55/53 Studebaker President S/R
        53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Thanks for the pointers guys. I was thinking of a regular caulk gun, but wasn't sure of a product to use. I will give those a look.

Comment

I asked my friend and, if it's the same type tool, he got it at Carquest for $48.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
            X