Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Mea Culpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mea Culpa

While searching through the back files I came across a post I made on 12-21-2006 where I stated that I built my 259 for "under $1000.00." Not sure where my head was at that time, but it should have read under $2000.00--and that was with me doing everything but the machine work. I apologize if I mislead anybody and hope that if I make some boneheaded statement like that again, some of you out there that know better will quickly let me know how full of s..uh, manure I am.

jj

I would not have notices since I've done them for under a grand. (Just rings, rods, mains, gasket kit and machine shop labor.)

64 Commander-64 Daytona
    64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert-63
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

OK; I'll bite, I've never heard that one before. What meaning does Mea Culpa have? Spanish? English?

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mea culpa is a Latin phrase that translates into English as "my fault", or "my own fault". In order to emphasize the message, the adjective "maxima" may be inserted, resulting in "mea maxima culpa," which would translate as "my most [grievous] fault."

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

You guys practising to become politicians ?
          /H

Comment

Never been in trouble, huh Rich?
            quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

OK; I'll bite, I've never heard that one before. What meaning does Mea Culpa have? Spanish? English?
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

HA,HA; I don't know Jeff, got a Studebaker "Doctor of Motors" Degree, and an Associate in Arts Degree in Auto Mechanics not a Medical degree, so I don't know nuttin about Latin! When I get in trouble I usually get called worse than that! LOL!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Just remember "Mea Culpa" = me a culprit [:0]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mea Culpa is latin for "my bad..."

Las Vegas, NV
                  '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Obviously you fellows weren't altar boys when you were young (or maybe you aren't old enough to remember). Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, comes from the Confitior (hopefully my spelling is right) which is from the Catholic Latin Mass of St. Pius V. Its where we ask God and our brothers and sisters for forgiveness of our transgressions.

See, you don't just learn something new about Studebakers on this forum!! Is this a great site or what!!???

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

The only Latin phrase I remember is "Sic Transit Gloria", which translates to: "Gloria threw up on the bus".

(I don't remember what the REAL translation is.)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hank63

You guys practising to become politicians ?
                        /H
                        Not doctors, Hank, worse: LAWYERS!

Mike "Magnum"

Comment

Dunno about a doctor or lawyer. Working toward becoming a biology teacher, all I need is the latin prefix and suffixes [:P]. All of them Polychaetea and Coniferales and things .

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mjeansonne

Obviously you fellows weren't altar boys when you were young (or maybe you aren't old enough to remember).

Dwain G.

Comment

I am afraid I didn't learn that phrase in church--it came from my ex wife's lawyer. His translation seemed to be "its all mine." And hey, PlainBrownR2, are you allowed to say Polychaetea and Coniferales on this forum?

jj

Comment

Working...
                              X