Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Rear support seems bent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear support seems bent

We Were looking at the corner patch panels and the bolt that goes in it. From under the car the rear support is whacked, there is even a small dent in the tank that I notice coincides with the rear support damage. This will have to be carefully repaired before we can move on. I wonder what caused it?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Oh, Lord. I thought mine looked bad underneath. This is almost scary looking. I think a museum might be interested in the panel to the right with a nice green patina...............

Comment

It almost looks like someone caught a short post that went under the bumper and took out that support. Thank goodness it was there.

Comment

Somebody was trying to scrape the rust off to read the secret serial number
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studelover

We Were looking at the corner patch panels and the bolt that goes in it. From under the car the rear support is whacked, there is even a small dent in the tank that I notice coincides with the rear support damage. This will have to be carefully repaired before we can move on. I wonder what caused it
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wow! I have one of those rear frame cross members NOS but it has no secret message on it.
          Rob

Comment

That's because it was never assembled as a car and had a serial number assigned to the chassis.
            So yours is double throwdown super secret
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mapman

Wow! I have one of those rear frame cross members NOS but it has no secret message on it.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
            X