Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Sunvisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunvisor

I remember in the fifty's that alot of cars had aftermarket parts on them. That what made the fifty's. I had a 1951 Pontiac with a aftermarket sunvisor. I also own a 1954 Olds with turnpike cruser skirts. What about cat eyes and white walls that were fake? That is what I remember about the fifty's. We did what we wanted to make it our car. To be correct is important,but not that important, I'm just glad to own a Studebaker....

Jeff

Jeff,

Original - custom - modified - they ALL have their "devotees". Thing is, it's YOUR Stude and you can do whatever you want to it! That's not to say it won't garner critques or praise, but that's just the way of this world. Heh - if I took every critque I've been on the recieving end of to heart, I'd be a sniffling ball of misery.

Your memories are correct! There was a vast array of aftermarket stuff to doll up your ride back then. Much more so than there is today.
    I would never put one of those aftermarket chrome, spinning propellors on the front of my bulletnose Stude but LOTS of people did! Simply a matter of personal tastes!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yea, your right, I would never put a prop on my Studebaker.

Comment

I just found a prop for my Stude, you know it increases your gas mileage, read the instructions

http://i162.photobucket

Comment

Working...
        X