Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Another Twin Trac Question, Dana 44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Twin Trac Question, Dana 44

The housing and drums are pretty sweet but the axle I just bought but the backing plates are a bit rough. Anyone out there got some back plates that are not all pitted to heck for sale reasonable? Send an email at, jakammer@charter.net. I am planning on putting in flanged axels as I go through it.

Jon Kammer

OK, I see from your first post that the rear end in question that you bought is from a '62 GT.

But we can't help with this one unless we know if the needed BACKING PLATES are for 9 in. rear 6 Cyl. Brakes, 10 in. V-8 Rear Brakes, or 11 in. Finned Drum Rear Brakes used with Front Disc. Brakes.

What car are they going on?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Good question, the twin trac is out of a 62 GT that was a four speed. I guess I will need to pull a drum to see what style brakes they are. Did some GTs come with four wheel drum and some drum / disk? The axle is going under a 61 four speed Hawk. Is there a chance that the GT and the Hawk are the same? If not I need more than just the back plates. Drums and hubs too.

Comment

Working...
      X