Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Radiator differences between V8 and 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator differences between V8 and 6

Specifically for a '53-'54, are the differences between the Commander and Champion radiators just the inlet and outlet sizes? I've searched the forum and that's all I've come up with. Need to cool a later V8.

C-K or sedan? on the C-K, the lower radiator hose fitting is not in the same place, 6 vs V8, and they are different sizes, as you noted. The Champion radiator can be used with a V8, but ought to be recored with three cores or more.
    Last edited by tbredehoft; 06-25-2010, 01:29 PM. Reason: Correct typo

Comment

It's a hardtop. I'll have to get the core count on the one we are looking at.

Comment

You will want a newer style radiator. The 54 radiator uses a different filler neck and you can only purchase radiator caps with a 7psi maximum. I mad the mistake of using my old tank for a three row recore so I just have to deal with being on the verge of being to warm becsuse I cant get a higher pressure radiator cap.
        If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
        64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
        61 V8 Tcab
        63 Tcab 20R powered
        55 Commander Wagon
        54 Champion Wagon
        46 Gibson Model A
        50 JD MC
        45 Agricat
        67 Triumph T100
        66 Bultaco Matadore

Comment

You're in Washington? Here in Upper Michigan it doesn't get hot too often, maybe I can get away with it. It would just be a pain getting something to fit underneath that hood, as I've learned from other threads.

Comment

Jeff, A good radiator shop can change the filler neck while he's doing the recore.
            Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Working...
            X