Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Distributor restoration service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor restoration service?

Anyone know of a reliable restoration service for my Delco window distributor? I was going to knock it apart and clean it up but discovered Studebaker did a little more permanent installation of the oil pump shaft and distributor gear than GM. I could get it apart and back together but rather than cobble it up I rather have it done correctly.

Try Dave Theibault. Maynard,MA. 978 - 897 - 3158
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Contact Bud on this forum also, he has a Sun Distributor Machine AND knows how to use it! Bud has done all of mine.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Bud just rebuilt a dual point distributor that I purchased on Ebay to replace the one that is presently in my car. I have yet to install the distributor but I can say that Harry's communication was extraordinary and professional! He told me exactly what was wrong with the distributor (bad vacuum, weights were shot, bushings were in good shape), he then sent me back all the bad parts and the repair cost was very reasonable.
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Forgive my ignorance but, "Bud" who? Thanks.

Comment

At the top of this page is a tab that says "Community". It drops down to "Member List".
            Search in the B's for Bud.
            You can email or PM from his profile page.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I sent mine to Philbin in Portland, Oregon. They did a complete rebuild, and it was about $100 with fast turnaround. Remember that these parts are not getting easier to find, and if you want reliability, you need to do it right! Their site: philbingroup.com

Comment

I'm Bud, You can contact me at hda90250@sbcglobal.net. Thanks, Bud

Comment

Working...
                X