Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven and Michelle
    replied
    Yes, this method works real well. I use a few chunks of rebar versus coat hangers as they have more metal to them. Wire together and surround the work piece. If you have a swimming pool you could do a whole car :-)

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Neat idea! Makes me wonder though; imagine a tank big enough to put a whole car in........ Better stop thinking while I'm ahead in life!

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by T-CAB View Post
    I have been removing the rust on some of my parts by using baking sode and a battery charger. Seems to be a very slow process. How long does it take to remove rust. I have had to leave the battery charger on for 2-3 days per piece. Am geting concerned that the charger may burn out in the middle of the night and burn the house down!

Are my concerns unfounded as this this a normal time frame.

T-cab
    Washing, not baking soda, here:

http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/rust/electrolysis.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bredehoft
    replied
    I used washing soda, not baking soda, (I'm not a chemist, dont' know a difference) but found that overnight would take off almost anything, grease, paint, rust, whatever. I used about a cup of W. Soda for about 4 gallons of water.. I made a loop of coat hanger wire that circled the plastic bucket I used, attached one battery clip the the coat hanger. I ran a piece of brake line across the top of the bucket and hung my work from a wire on this line, with the other clip on the end of the brake line.

Leave a comment:

• T-CAB
    started a topic Electrical Rust Removal

Electrical Rust Removal

I have been removing the rust on some of my parts by using baking sode and a battery charger. Seems to be a very slow process. How long does it take to remove rust. I have had to leave the battery charger on for 2-3 days per piece. Am geting concerned that the charger may burn out in the middle of the night and burn the house down!

Are my concerns unfounded as this this a normal time frame.

T-cab
Working...
X