No announcement yet.

Electrical Rust Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This method is also environmentally friendly. The crud that results can be used to green up your lawn.

Terry

Comment

I wonder if using a battery in conjunction to the battery charger would protect the charger. Many of the chargers will burn up if turned on without a load. I have a charger with instructions to turn off the charger before disconnecting from the battery.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
        This has alway seemed neat, but really just a gimmick to me. Why is it better/easier/quicker than just using any of the multitude of other methods?
        Certainly not a gimmick to me. Cost less then $5.00, gets rid of rust in any area that the liquid can get to, and requires very little labor. I have a Avanti trunk latch cooking as we speak.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

John

Because you are actively involved in this technology, What is the usual amperage of the charger you use on parts like the trunk latch? Thx

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            John

Because you are actively involved in this technology, What is the usual amperage of the charger you use on parts like the trunk latch? Thx

Bob

It's only drawing 3-4 amp right now so it's on a small charger. Set it as high as you like, the size of the part determines the current draw. i.e. a cylinder head may draw 20 amps or more with a big anode. You can even derust the inside of a gas tank by just filling it with the solution and suspending the anode away from tank sides.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
            X