reassembling engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reassembling engine

I just had some engine work done and am in the proces of putting the valves and other things back in.

I have a question about the oil pressure relief valve and oil pump.

The manual shows a little horseshoe shaped clip that holds the oil drive shaft in the pump. However, after everything came back from the machine shop I don't see that little clip.

I assume I can pick one up somewhere, if I knew what it was called.

Second, the manual shows a little bolt that goes in the hole for the oil pressure relief valve. I don't have that nut. Instead I have a plug. From what I gather the length of the bolt is kind of vital in making sure the valve works properly. If anyone can let me know what size it is I would appreciate it.

What are you working on?

LP
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

I guess it would be helpful to let you know what I am working on

1955 Champion.

Comment

robtc- Two Stude guys in Temple City?!! Please contact me. seymoursbackyard@hotmail.com
        John in Temple City, CA

Comment

I should have an extra horseshoe clip that you can have. I'm working from memory (a scary thing) but all there should be in the releif valve assembly is the plunger (be sure to clean the small hole in the end of it), then a spring, then the plug with sealing washer. No other bolts or nuts should be there.

Originally posted by robtc View Post
          I just had some engine work done and am in the proces of putting the valves and other things back in.

I have a question about the oil pressure relief valve and oil pump.

The manual shows a little horseshoe shaped clip that holds the oil drive shaft in the pump. However, after everything came back from the machine shop I don't see that little clip.

I assume I can pick one up somewhere, if I knew what it was called.

Second, the manual shows a little bolt that goes in the hole for the oil pressure relief valve. I don't have that nut. Instead I have a plug. From what I gather the length of the bolt is kind of vital in making sure the valve works properly. If anyone can let me know what size it is I would appreciate it.
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
          X