No announcement yet.

1557672 - Rear Shoes for Front Disc Cars - GOOD PART NUMBERS FOUND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have the choice, I've always understood brake shoes with riveted linings are superior to bonded linings. It supposedly takes a better quality lining material to take a rivet than to take bonding glue. That's what was explained to me when I worked in an auto center back in the 1970's. That may or may not hold true today...with offshore brake products it may very well hold true.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The ones I stock are American made to correct OEM standards. These are bonded, but I do have riveted, although they are more expensive. Also, have reman shoes. It's getting to the point that people don't want to send cores, so I'm running short on them. Been thinking about just raising the price and selling without core, or core charge.

Kinda like rebuildable steering gear boxes, most I've been getting back lately are shot and not worth paying to ship.

Comment

The reason why some vendors have a $100 core charge is some or many buyers never send the cores in so they can be rebuilt and sent back into the "food chain" for the future. If the core charge was low, the cost of shipping the old shoes back could be more than the core refund itself. When someone spends $100 as a core charge, they're quite sure to send the old shoes back in.

The vendors aren't trying to rip anyone off...they're just trying to make sure they get the old shoes back so they can get rebuilt and put back in circulation.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
        X