Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    That's heartening, Alan. But for '54, they introduced a DIFFERENT aux. brake pedal arm than what was used in '53. (of course, I realize we're TALKING about a 53 here, but there's 54s and 55s "out there".
    I said "that's heartening" because I ultimately want to go to an auto trans in my (now 3-spdOD) 53 Commander. (I know guys, but I want my bride to able to drive it!)

Thanks for chiming in, Alan. BTW - did that bellhousing do you any good???

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Yes Bob, Years ago when I bought a 53K with an auto I changed it over to a stick. All I did was remove that wide pad that went between the brake and clutch and put on 2 round ones p/n 0204-8. Then slaped on part nos. 0206-26,27,28,45,40,29,4,39,43,19,1,8.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Good question! And one I'd like to know the answer to. I've assumed that the clutch arm could double as the second brake arm too, but the parts books show a special auxiliary arm to do the job. OF COURSE, the book assumes a car was auto to start with.
    My gut says that with the clutch linkage gone, and assuming the spacing's right, the clutch arm COULD double as the tag-along brake arm.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    started a topic 53 4H-F3 Brake Pedal ??

53 4H-F3 Brake Pedal ??

A guy called me today and ask a ?? that stumped me. And thats not hard. His 4H-F3 had 3 on the tree. He has changed it to automatic. Changed the column to the auto. Now all he has left to do is the brake pedal. The best I can remember is they used both arms with a wide pedal between the 2. His ? is how do they hook up on the frame. Can he use the cluch arm and brake arm. Or is he going to have change them.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.
Working...
X