Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

259 Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 259 Oil Pan

Does anyone know where I can get an oil pan for a '63 Lark with a 259 engine?

Are you looking for new or used? New (NOS) is probably next to non-existant. Useable should be fairly easy.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You need to order a 1539382 '56-'57 V-8 will work, or a '58-'64 (all V-8's) 1547193 with smaller 3/8" drain plug. Check the vendors at studebakervendors.com
      I didn't find one at SASCO.

quote:Originally posted by CTLark

Does anyone know where I can get an oil pan for a '63 Lark with a 259 engine?
      StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Used is fine, the one on my Lark is quite rusty probably from sitting for 19 years in previous owner's garage.

Comment

ANY I might have are gonna be "rusty" to a degree. Rusty can be dealt with thru chemically cleaning or by bead-blasting (Althought I don't LIKE bead-blasting engine parts too much because I worry about the glass beads hiding and coming out to "play" when the engine heats up!)
          As long as your's isn't rusted THROUGH - it should be perfectly serviceable.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Biggs internal engine stuff they make walnut hull media to blast with

3E38
            4E2
            4E28
            5E13
            7E7
            8E7
            8E12
            8E28
            4E2
            59 Lark
            etc

Comment

Can I pour some in my crankcase, Charlie? I've got a box of it here.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
              X