Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Avanti Hand Brake Repair Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Hand Brake Repair Question

Hello all,just a quick one. I am trying to remove the forward hand
    brake cable from my car,I am at the point where I need to free the
    clip that retains it to the floor[next to the transmission]. All the
    shop manual says is to"Remove the clip that retains the cable conduit
    to the floor pan"[page 21,step 2]. The parts catalog does not show
    this clipto speak of.So,if any of you all know how this comes
    out,please advise.Thanks. Richard Maxon
    1963 R-1 RQ2350

It's been a while since I've done this but I think you need to lift up the carpet and undo a nut. There is a clip that is "J" shape that is threaded on one end.The threaded end goes up inside the car. BTW, Cindi say "Hey"

ErnieR

Comment

Ernie is correct, assuming that it is the same as other Studebakers (no reason why it shouldn't be.)

When you get the cable and handle out, you get the cable out of the handle by driving out the little pin in the handle assembly. (you'll see what I mean when you get there)

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Thanks Ernie and Nate. Found the nut,sheared the stud even after a good soak with penetrant. I'll either fabricate a new clip or drill a hole through the old one and use a bolt,washer and nut. Soaking the forward cable and handle assemble right now so I can hopefully seperate them and remove it from the car for further work.
        Tell Cindi that I still don't look before crossing the street. [8D]Richard Maxon

Comment

Working...
        X