Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

r-2 Avanti AC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r-2 Avanti AC

Back in '67 one of the club members published diagrams of his brackets etc. re: retro-fitting factory AC on an r-2 Avanti..I have lost those diagrams amd would like that info ...anyone have this info available?

Would it have been through the club newsletter or elsewhere?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
    1948 M-16 grain truck
    1949 2R16A grain truck
    1949 2R17A fire truck
    1955 E-38 grain truck
    1957 3E-40 flatbed
    1961 6E-28 grain truck
    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
    1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
    1964 Cruiser
    And various other "treasures"
    Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I believe it was in the bulletin, although at the time I was attending all the national meets and corresponding with numerous members, so I could have seen it almost anywhere. jg

Comment

quote:Originally posted by big jim

Back in '67 one of the club members published diagrams of his brackets etc. re: retro-fitting factory AC on an r-2 Avanti..I have lost those diagrams amd would like that info ...anyone have this info available?
        I have a scan of the article in the Avanti magazine that Chuck Lampman wrote about installing a/c in a R-2 Avanti. E-mail me directly and I'll send it to you.

Paul Johnson
        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
        Museum R-4 engine
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Contact Peter Sant....Canadian Avanti owner...did a beautiful job on his...

Comment

If its not to late, the article by Peter Sant is in The Avanti Owners Magizine isssue #105. I had a restoration shop install air in my 1963 R-2 using this article as the basis for the retro-fit. There were some complications as the clearance between the hood and the compressor was not adaquate and he had to lift the body about 3/4" to 1" to get clearance. The cost was 2 times what I had hoped it would be. Floyd

Comment

Working...
            X