Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Stude Avanti radiator

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Avanti radiator

I'm going for an aluminum radiator for my 70 Avanti. Right now it has an NOS original 2 row installed, which was the same as the Stude version. It seemed ok with the old engine and A/C, but can't keep up now.
    My car's in the shop getting painted and I can't get to it right now.
    Does anyone know, offhand, the width measurement for the radiator, not including the mounting flange.
    thanks

27"

Comment

Ok, 27 inches....fair enough. But what is the width of the opening in the body (fiberglass) at the point where the radiator installs? I know that's an odd question, but I am serious.[?][?] Is it also just 27 inches or more?

wagone and the R2 Avanti

Comment

wagone, The metal frame that the radiator sets in is 19 1/4" X 24 1/2" inside. Now you didn't say the cavity in front of the radiator or behind. but I have put in Northern Radiator, aluminum racing radiator 19" X 28" with just a couple of angle brackets and it fits with about 1/4" on both sides.

Comment

Working...
        X