Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

DG 250 auto transmission

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG 250 auto transmission

Does anyone out there know where one could have a DG 250 tranny rebuilt including the torque converter. Even better, some where in california.

Thanks

Forrest

This is in Minnesota, Bob Bendtsen (763-434-7961)
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

For a DG tranny rebuild in CA, you should give Studebakers West a call. They've been doing them for decades. Although I rebuild my own, I am good friends with them and get the tranny parts I need from them. I also go through them to get the torque converters rebuilt. I just picked up a t/c yesterday.

I believe their DG tranny rebuild cost is around $1,000 plus or minus, which is VERY reasonable considering the cost of modern tranny rebuilds and that these DG parts are getting vary scarce. The torque converter rebuild cost, which should always be done while the tranny is out, since it is vital for direct drive, is currently at $400.

Studebakers West phone is 650-366-8787.

Hope that helps,
      E. West
      Sunny Northern CA
      Best Regards,
      Eric West
      "The Speedster Kid"
      Sunny Northern California
      Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
      And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
      55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
      55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

Comment

Working...
      X