Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Carburater Exchange

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburater Exchange

I have a 1947 Studebaker Champion with a Carter Model WE-532S carburater. My motor number is 328450. Can a Carter Model WS-661S or Carter Model WE-715S be used to replace the Model WE-532S.

Thanks for any information,

Bill Morgan

more than likely you can use the different carbs probadly need to get carb getted to suite . on the 283 with fitting the holly 4 bll i had to have different size jets so the motor could run smooth so i would say it would be so with your 47 model car as long as the carb fits over manifold proper good luck pete

Comment

Yes the 661-S and 715-S will work on your 47 Stude champion. I have a 715-S on my 48 champion now. The only difference are interal to improve performance, gas milege, and drivability. Champ

Comment

BTW, Bill I forgot to mention that a shop manual is a very handy tool to have when working on your Stude.They are available from most Stude. vendors for 28 to 30 dollars. Also welcome to the forum! Champ

Comment

Nothing to add re: carbs.

Just wanted to welcome you as well. 47's are cool. Post pictures when you have them.

Regards,
          Bob (stude53)[8D]

Comment

To all,

Thanks for the information. A picture can be found on the Atlantic Zone meet annoucement.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X