Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Power Bakes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Bakes

I'm in need of help/suggestions on an aftermarket power brake unit/booster for a 63 Avanti conversion to both front and rear disc brakes set-up. Also, would the adjustable type proportioning valve sold, work fine on this set-up? I'm using the new Turner front disc brakes and 80's Caddy aftermarket disc brakes on the rear.

All ideas suggestions are appreciated. This is now been a year and half project on this Avanti and it is ready for its last block sanding and priming/sealer. This has been a frame off project and I'm hoping that everything will work right!

If anyone is taking an Avanti to the Iola car show, I would love to see your car. Thanks, for all the help!

I've had the exact same setup on my (1970) Avanti, since around 1998. Mine uses a booster from a mid 80's Buick T-type and a GM MC for disc/disc cars( 1.125" piston). Silicone fluid... No need for a prop valve and I've stood on the brakes, without lockup.

The one thing you'll surely need is a different set of rims. I wound up installing a set of 16" alloys...

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
    X