Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

the sceptre model

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by studegary

quote:Originally posted by GTtim

Gary, do you know if these are the only concept cars of this series to survive? Maloney mentions an earlier version of the Sceptre. Has it disappeared?

Tim K.
    '64 R2 GT Hawk
    I believe that there were three concept cars of this vintage. I don't know anything about "an earlier version of the Sceptre." I do not own Maloney's book, so I do not know specifically what you/he is refering to. I believe that Maloney worked for Studebaker for a couple of Summers in the early '50s, not when Brooks Stevens was doing his work for Studebaker. I am not trying to imply that he couldn't know about the concept cars. I believe that I last saw the concept cars in 1976. The three concept cars were a four door sedan, a wagon and the Sceptre-a two door. Brooks Stevens had other updates, like for the Hawk, but I don't believe that any of them went beyond drawings.

Gary L.
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Comment

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      60Lark
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Here's the Predictor,thought I had the sceptor pics too,maybe not..

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        60Lark
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
        X