Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosley made some darn cute little trucks and cars too.
    Kevin Bacon-didn't he invent the pig?

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    60Lark
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

You know that Studebaker was doomed as soon as they made that Edsel!

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

My mother still has a 1941 Kelvenator that my father's parents bought new in 1941. The walls are about 4" thick and there is enough room in the "freezer" compartment for about 2 trays of ice. We used well into the '80's for seeds, beer and photographic paper and I imagine it still runs. The compressor took up the bottom 2/5ths of the machine.

Do not forget that International Harvester also made fridge's and freezers back in the '50's. This may have been an offshoot of making chilled dairy equipment.

When we built our house in '69 we installed a Frigidaire stove and I believe they were owned by GM at the time.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
        1948 M-16 grain truck
        1949 2R16A grain truck
        1949 2R17A fire truck
        1955 E-38 grain truck
        1957 3E-40 flatbed
        1961 6E-28 grain truck
        1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
        1962 Champ pickup
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
        1964 Cruiser
        And various other "treasures"

Comment

Funny thing, tho, back to the original thread...at our monthly meeting this past weekend, we were helping a member get his '64 Wagonaire going and had the front discs off, down to the spindles. He's also an AMC guy and thought the rotor looked similar to the Stude one. He dug out an AMC rotor and it slid on the spindle as though it were made for it. Same size, down to the bolt pattern with the exception that the AMC rotor is thicker...and it's being repo'd!

Comment

The basic engine from the Crosley vehicles were used for decades in the trucking industry with refrigerated trailer reefer units.
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Bantam made the first Jeeps in Butler, Pa. Bantam was sort of like a Crosley and Crosley made refrigerators and radios. About the time they went out of business, Kevin Bacon was born.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Pick up the August Issue of Hemmings Classic Car Magazine. Theres an article explaining the Studebaker history up to their demise..They also have quite of few pictures of Studebakers and their owners..

Comment

Crosley.... didn't they make that "Hot-Shot" refridgerator???[)] Or maybe the Hot Shot WAS a refridgerator with it's door removed and a seat installed![:0]

Here's proof! http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/cros4901.htm

I rest my case.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'd sure like to get ahold of a Crosley Hot Shot, put in a Blown Hemmi and a nine-inch Ford. Then, cusstomize it with 58 Packard Tailights. [:0]

Comment

Crosley also built the "Farm 'O Ranch", which was a small 2WD Jeep like vehicle. It could be had with a hitch at the back for farming and be driven (slowly) to town, much the same as the Minneapolis Moline UDLX Comfortractor, which had a cab and could run 40MPH.

Here is a picture.

The name said it all: The 1938 Minneapolis-Moline Comfortractor claimed the convenience and safety features that are now standard in farm tractors. Its only drawback? The Comfortractor arrived 30 years too soon. Brad Clark’s father bought a 1938 UDLX Comfortractor  (WDM-1981-S-197) for his farm near Ardath, Saskatchewan, 70 kilometers south west of Saskatoon in 1941. … Continue reading Comfortractor

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
                    1948 M-16 grain truck
                    1949 2R16A grain truck
                    1949 2R17A fire truck
                    1955 E-38 grain truck
                    1957 3E-40 flatbed
                    1961 6E-28 grain truck
                    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
                    1962 Champ pickup
                    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
                    1964 Cruiser
                    And various other "treasures"

Comment

I thought it was "Farm-o-Road".

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Oh Lord! Here we go again...[:0] I have heard this time out of hand. How many times have people asked if my car was a rambler?[)] I don't know the number.

Sigh. Some of the stupidest rumors just won't die! Sadly Studebaker did. Of course, if one looks at the subsidiaries as part of the parent (Studebaker), then the company still lives through;
                        STP, Worthington inc, etc..

Hey! found a couple of more studes in yet another little corner of Redding!! Two 2-door Larks (62?) and a stripped (early) Hawk.

Lotsa Larks!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        LUCKY ME! I have a Studebaker and a Rambler! So when people say 'Hey, is that a Rambler?' I just say ' No, The Rambler is out back!' LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X