Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

What's this tube?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this tube?

Poking around familiarizing myself with the engine compartment of my '63 Lark, and I found a tube - about 1.25" diameter, molded elbow - exiting the center of the firewall and turning toward the passenger's side of the car. It's tucked between the firewall and the valve cover and is cracked from the heat.

What is this? Is it the drain tube from the fresh air vent? If not, then what[?]

Thanks!

---------------------------
    Clark in San Diego:

Proud new owner of a '63 Lark!

It is exactly what you think. Cowl air intake drain tube. Engine heat eventually makes it brittle and someone should consider reproducing it.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

It is exactly what you think. Cowl air intake drain tube. Engine heat eventually makes it brittle and someone should consider reproducing it.
      I guess that answers my second question I'll be treating it gently in the meantime...

---------------------------
      Clark in San Diego:

Proud new owner of a '63 Lark!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X