This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r-2 distributor

avanti parts manual does not show distributor upper th washer pt. #.
    Which vendor is the distributor EXPERT? SI wants to sell me a rebuilt, but I can rebuild it given all the parts. Any help would be appreciated...thanks , incidently, I have already installed Pertronix solid state been GREAT FOR 2 YEARS.

I see what you mean. There is a "Plate #", 601-35; but no part#. The only #'s I have are the same as listed for the lower washers, 527332 & 527337.
    If you have your distributor apart, what is the shim id & od? I have a pack of shims from Sumitt,; and can compare.
    T-Bolt has some parts.
    Mike M

Comment

will advise thanks,jg

Comment

Are they not the same as the lower washers?

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Forget Pertronix.....Dave Thibeault has brand new Mallory units that use light as the trigger, Uni-light I think they are called should last forever (yea I know, forever is a long time) But if one is in the market for an upgrade it can't hurt to chat with Dave before actually putting down hard cash for one.

Comment

On the topic of R-series distributors, someone gave me a box of miscellaneous Stude parts the other day. One person from this forum got some freebie dash rocker switches from this mix. I've dug thru it and found a dual point plate that I presume is for an R-series engine. Looks to be in great shape - wearing two pair of points. Anybody want it? $4.10 postage gets it shipped to you!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

OK - points plate spoken for! No longer available![V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X