Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Temp Sender for 60 Lark

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Sender for 60 Lark

Hello all,
    I'm trying to locate the temp sender unit on our 60 Lark Convertible's engine. Its a 259 V8 engine. Since we are not restoring it right away, I want to get some of the important gauges working for summer. Thanks.

Nate

Should be at rear of left cylinder head, just below the rocker cover.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

NAPA # TS 6460 OR contact one of our great vendors!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I found the temp sender and there was no wire connected to it. I traced the wire from under the dash and it seems to have been cut at one time or another and just wrapped under the dash. I reconnected the wire to the sender, checked for smoke (of which there was none) and went for a drive - temp guage worked fine. So now I can drive the convertible worry free for the summer. Thanks guys.

Nate

Comment

Working...
        X