Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Tire Help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Help

I need to replace the tires on my 64 GT Hawk (670X15) can anyone tell me what brand tire came with the car from the factory? I would like to replace them with orginal if possible. Thanks Chuck

Firestone Deluxe Champion, or Allstate for two, but there may be more.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Avanti
    54 3R Pickup

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by chuck64

I need to replace the tires on my 64 GT Hawk (670X15) can anyone tell me what brand tire came with the car from the factory? I would like to replace them with orginal if possible. Thanks Chuck
      Studebaker used more than one tire supplier for 1964 models. If you refer to your car's build order (from SNM), it will tell you what brand tire your particular car came with.

Gary L.
      1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
      1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Keep in mind that the original tyres will probably not be available. Cooper is usually a good place to start...
        If you're looking for tyres that will fit your rims with modern conveniences, try Kingstar. Unfortunately Chinese made.[V] I get mine at Schwabs. A plus is that the price is quite reasonable.

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Actually, the Firestone Deluxe Champions have been remade, Coker stocks them.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
          64 R2 4 speed Challenger
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
          63 Avanti
          54 3R Pickup

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks to JDP, Studegary & Studeclunker, I just got off line at the Coker tire site an I think the Firestone deluxe champions are the way to go for me, the price was right also. Thanks agin. Chuck

Comment

Working...
            X