Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

fresh air vent on the passenger side broken ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh air vent on the passenger side broken ??

How do you check the air vent push-pull ? Everything seems attached, but there is not action. Is there a trick for lubricating the cable and housing without removal ?? This is on a 1960 Lark. Thanks...BRAD

Do you have your cable clamped at the end?
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Check the cable behind the dash to make sure it has not become disconnected from the control knob. Disconnect the cable from the fresh air lever under the hood, then try to operate the cable. While you have it disconnected, hold the disconnected end up high and "dribble" small amounts of any light weight penetrant (ie. PB Blaster, WD40, etc.) dowm the end of the cable allowing it to soak in along the way. Have some rags handy. After using the penetrant, operate the cable from one exterme to the other, hopefully this will solve your problem.
      Dan Miller

Comment

How long you had this Lark? Have you checked the air filter screen in the heater box? I've encountered some Larks that have had aminal nests built in the ductwork or up against that filter to where no air could get thru! [}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X