Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Engine color for a '53 - 6 cyl.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine color for a '53 - 6 cyl.

I could probably find the data somewhere, but it is quicker to ask you guys who regularly respond to questions here. My '53 6 cyl engine is being rebuilt by a shop that doesn't do a lot of Studebakers. What was the correct engine color for that year, and was the fan blade a different color, as was true in later years?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Buck
    '53 Champion Coupe (C)
    '61 Lark VI Convertible

Studebaker green engine enamel and black fan.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

And that Studebaker Green is a dark olive green. I'd call it "semi-gloss". All postwar Stude engines were this color up thru the '54 year models.

Some vendors carry spray cans of the stuff.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X