Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

rubber hood bumpers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber hood bumpers

Hi all - first post.
    I've had my 52 hardtop apart for so long that there is a lot I cannot remember about putting it back together. But as it's painted and looking good, the time has finally come.

Stupid question #1:
    I have the whole repro rubber hit for the car. I've got 10 little round rubber buttons that go into the fenders, 5 per side. But on the fenders I've got 6 holes per side.
    Which hole gets left empty?
    Thanks.

Dan
    52 hardtop

NONE. YOU NEED TO GET TWO MORE PLUGS. CHAMP[8D]

Comment

I'd say you need two more + the two rectangular ones that go on the air dam at the front.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The whole rubber kit is from Studebaker international, they seem to think a 52 gets 10 of these bumpers. I know I disagree. As long as I'm not way out in left feild on this, I'll let them know a 52 should get 12.
        They did include the square ones for the top of the grill Ok.

Dan
        52 hardtop

Comment

I don't know about the hardtops, but on the coupes there are also two of those round bumpers at the tops of the doors, in front of the wingvents. A few years ago I asked Ed Reynolds about those and he said "Huh?"

They are not included in the kit.[:0]
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
          X