Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Resident Rodents

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Rodents

My thanks to the individual who suggested to put Bounce in the car to keep out unwanted guests. I found mouse droppings last month on my Hawk hood & expected the worse. Got the bounce & threw it everywhere, Hood, Trunk, Under seats, Under car. Took the Hawk out 2day & found a nest under the Turbo unit but, it look like they had left long ago. I found no damage, wires, etc., but I feel the Bounce helped to kick their little butts outta there. Thanks again for the advice. It saved me a potential nightmare....

Irish Spring soap has been suggested for keeping mice out also. I just checked my car that's been stored for a few months. The mice have been EATING the Irish Spring soap !!!...........so, I don't think it works. I guess I'll try some Bounce.

MARC
    Punxsutawney, PA

Comment

Install an ultasonic system..drives rodents, roaches, etc OUT...I have used one for almost ten years now and never discover any surprizes when I take the car out in the spring.

Comment

Does the ultrasonic system run on batteries or house current?

MARC
        Punxsutawney, PA

Comment

I have used the Ultrasonic system--mine ran on house current. It did seem to keep mice and squirrels away. I have also used moth balls to keep them out, but the smell is pretty bad. My latest mouse-proofer is Peppermint Oil--I have heard that mice are alergic to Peppermint Oil. I intend to try this the next time I go back to my barn, as well as the Bounce.

1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
          1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
          1953 Chev. 210 Convertible, 261 6cyl w/Offy dual intake (But I always did love Studebakers!)
          1995 Dodge/Cummins Pickup, 250 HP, 620 Ft. Lbs. of Torque, ATS trans.
          Robert Rausch

Comment

These Arizona pack rats eat the Irish Spring soap, play golf with moth balls, line their nests with bounce and other dryer sheets, and I suspect they have been using the peppermint as an aphrodesiac. The only thing I have found to keep them out is constant vigilance. I check my stored vehicles at least once a week and set traps if I see any signs of critters. I have wondered about the ultra sound and will now give it a try.
            Thanks
            jj

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jjones

These Arizona pack rats eat the Irish Spring soap, play golf with moth balls, line their nests with bounce and other dryer sheets, and I suspect they have been using the peppermint as an aphrodesiac.
              What about napalm?? Do they have special little suits too??

This reminds me of a story :

My brother and I found a 64 Challenger 4 door that was being "given"
              away to whoever could haul it away. The car had been sitting on the
              side of a hill, roughly 35 degrees - facing down. He dragged it back
              up the hill, and the two of us, got it to fire up and die. It would
              not stay running. After we detirmined that it wasnt the fuel pump, it
              was getting fuel from it, but it would only stay running (and poorly)
              for a short amount of time. It was getting late, and we had to drive
              this thing 20-25 miles, so I got frustrated and decided to just rev
              the little straight 6. Finally I got it to stay running after getting
              the RPM's up quick and feathering it. My brother yells to me, "you
              HAVE to see this!!". I run back there and bits of fur and bones are
              coming out of the tailpipe! While I was standing there, the creme de
              la creme comes out - a mouse skull.

Tom
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Contact B.C. Inc. Browns Valley MN 56219
                (800) 950-8860

This is when I purchased my ultra-sound rig.

Comment

800 number ng....dial 320-695-2691

Comment

I remember starting my Hawk once NW of Chicago in the spring (May, when the ice went out)....
                    I recall seeing a mouse that had nested under the intake manifold (high and dry)...
                    That mouse couldn't figure out which way to run.
                    I recall watching in amusement like a kid with a magnifying glass frying ants [}]
                    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by bonehead007

My thanks to the individual who suggested to put Bounce in the car to keep out unwanted guests. I found mouse droppings last month on my Hawk hood & expected the worse. Got the bounce & threw it everywhere, Hood, Trunk, Under seats, Under car. Took the Hawk out 2day & found a nest under the Turbo unit but, it look like they had left long ago. I found no damage, wires, etc., but I feel the Bounce helped to kick their little butts outta there. Thanks again for the advice. It saved me a potential nightmare....
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Don't you have cats anymore?
                      /H

Comment

Working...
                      X