Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

cylinder head numbers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head numbers

I am trying to identify my cylinder head numbers on my 1963 hawk...all the info I can find is of no good as the number is not correct. First am I looking in the right area for my cylinder head number? (Front of engine raised number on left as I face engine) The # I find is 1554641, but that number does not match up with numbers I can find in Studebaker literature. Anyone have any Ideas?

Are you reading the raised cast number on the bottom center of the head above the exhaust port ?

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks for aiming me in the right area, I quess the raised numbers on the front of engine are block numbers? and the stamped number JT-1888 is the engine number? Thanks

Comment

The engine number is a 63 R1 Lark/Hawk engine.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
        64 R2 4 speed Challenger
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
        63 Daytona Convert.

JDP Maryland

Comment

The cylinder head numbers on an R1 should read 1557570. This is not the "part number" - it's the "casting number" and it resides above the center exhaust port.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X