Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Lark Seat Swap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Seat Swap

Today I put the individual reclining seats from my 59 into the 61. Easy enough, but when I put in the hump plate so that the seats had something to bolt to it seemed to fit differently and when I look at the seats from the back they seem to lean in toward each other. Is there a difference between the hump bracket for a 59 (auto) and a 61 (manual)[?]

Thanks.

Rich Pease
    Ogden, UT
    59 Lark 2dr
    61 Lark 4dr

I'd take it for a test drive-if they're leaning much at all,like even a half inch,you'll get tired real quick,from trying to hold yourself verticle. What I mean is,it doesn't matter much how they look from behind,but are they comfy??

1960 Lark
    1961 Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I didn't look the parts up, but keep in mind that there are a lot of differences from a '59-'60 Lark to a '61 Lark. They look similar, but a lot of parts do not correctly interchange. The whole cowl changed for 1961, so this may have changed the contour of the tunnel also. Other things, like bumpers and A/C, are one year ('61) only.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X