Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

heated seats

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heated seats

Can anyone tell me if old studebakers had heated front and or rear seats. A dinner rides on this one.

quote:Originally posted by izzymine

Can anyone tell me if old studebakers had heated front and or rear seats. A dinner rides on this one.

The heater core was mounted under the passanger seat, and on some models their was an optional one under the drivers seat available. Thanks anyway, but I'll pass on the dinner. <G>

Comment

quote:Originally posted by izzymine

Not heated in the sense that new cars have electric heater elements embedded in the upholstery. Studebakers did have underseat heaters that did a better job of heating the seats than the under dash heaters of other cars. On some models, Studebaker offered a second under seat heater. This gave heater cores directly under both sides (left and right) of the front seat.
      PS - All Studebakers are "old" since they haven't made one for nearly 40 years.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X