Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Edmonds Tripower

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonds Tripower

I've seen a few Edmonds double deuce manifolds on ebay and I was out bid on the last one, so i was wondering if anybody had one they're not going to use that I could purchase. From what I can see, there is room for another carb between the two. I figure just weld on a third flange and boom; three deuces, right? Anybody got any pics of this? My email is buddymander@yahoo.com Thanks, Mike.

Smoljan made a triple deuce manifold.......
    http://community.webshots.com/album/529941600ZiLiHX

I have toyed with the idea as an adapter for a cast Stude intake with an adapter.....
    http://community.webshots.com/album/372586029RJalYP

Personally, I believe that the Weiand, and Offy(?) dual deuce manifold runners are too small to use a third carb to full advantage.
    I kind of like the dual deuce to 4bbl adapter that is out on the market now for $75 or so...
    But the Smoljan triple deuce manifold has problems with it also, as it is just a huge plenum dumping into the heads anyways...
    Shoot, they didn't even separate any of the runners...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

I've seen a few Edmonds double deuce manifolds on ebay and I was out bid on the last one, so i was wondering if anybody had one they're not going to use that I could purchase. From what I can see, there is room for another carb between the two. I figure just weld on a third flange and boom; three deuces, right? Anybody got any pics of this? My email is buddymander@yahoo.com Thanks, Mike.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I like the looks of that EDmonds tons more than that Smoljian (sp) How much you want for one of those Edmonds doubles????? I wanna weld it up and grind it off so it looks original three deuces.

Comment

I don't have an Edmunds right now... Just a couple of the clone Offy dual deuce's...
        I don't think there is room on the Edmund's for the third carb in between the two flanges, but I do understand your thinking.
        Jeff[8D]

I like the looks of that EDmonds tons more than that Smoljian (sp) How much you want for one of those Edmonds doubles????? I wanna weld it up and grind it off so it looks original three deuces.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

With a little work....one could mount just about any blower on the Smoljan box. It'd be nice if it had a least runner seperators, but with a weak 6-71 or a good 4-71......that'd be fun.

Come to think of it...you have one you want to sell, reasonably?

Comment

You can check out some of the multi-carb adapters that these guys make. Also nice Edmunds knockoff air cleaners. They also offer Stude 6 and V8 dress up parts, Stromberg repro parts and........

http://www.vintagespeed.com/

Note he says that his stuff is US sourced/cast priced accordingly

Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I'm startin to think about maybe tryna make it to York this um what is it? march 4-5-6? Anybody gonna be bringin an Edmunds intake for sale?

Comment

Dan, thanks for the vintage speed link. They sure make some nice stuff. jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I'll have a prepped and polished setup there to deliver to a customer.
                  Betcha he will have it up for sale, as it was up for sale when he brought it to me....
                  Jeff

I'm startin to think about maybe tryna make it to York this um what is it? march 4-5-6? Anybody gonna be bringin an Edmunds intake for sale?
                  DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                  Ocala, FL.
                  '37 Coupe Express
                  '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                  '61 Hawk

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X