Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

engine swap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap

i know someone out here must of had success with this and i could really use some info. I'm gonna be putting a 66 289 sbf in my 63 lark. i've already got the oil pan and sump change but i need help with the mounts. If any of you guys can give me some info, maybe there is adaptor mounts or how to fab some up and make it work I would really appreciate it. I'm sticking with the stock stude steering and crossmember.

Please any help with this would be appreciated.

You have now crossed over into the dark side
    Best to go to the street rod world and look for some street rod engine mount setups..
    Here's a couple just from doing a quick Google search.
    http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/987/index2.html
    http://www.heidts.com/heip32.htm
    http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCa...mounts-tcp.htm
    Shouldn't be too hard to fab something up...
    I've never seen a kit, though...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by cosmo

i know someone out here must of had success with this and i could really use some info. I'm gonna be putting a 66 289 sbf in my 63 lark. i've already got the oil pan and sump change but i need help with the mounts. If any of you guys can give me some info, maybe there is adaptor mounts or how to fab some up and make it work I would really appreciate it. I'm sticking with the stock stude steering and crossmember.

Please any help with this would be appreciated.
    DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
    '37 Coupe Express
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer
    '61 Hawk

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Cos; You know who to talk to about engine swaps.

Comment

Oh, the original Stude loyalists are silently screaming!!![}] Please let me know how things turn out. What transmission are you using?

Comment

Gonna use the c4 tranny, i might have solved the mounting issuse, wont know till i order the part but will post updates.

Comment

I had a crazy dream the other nite: I had a car like yours, the engine went bad, but I had a good International Harvester 345" sitting out in the shed to save the day. Made motor mounts out of fiberglass, used flex tubing for the exhaust & coat hangers for the rest. Ran good, but sold it shortly thereafter.[:0][}][8]Hope that helps you some.

Comment

I can tell you where not to take it.
              Some are builders...Some are dreamers.
              Stick with the builders.
              They actually get things done, then talk about what they did.
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by cosmo

Gonna use the c4 tranny, i might have solved the mounting issuse, wont know till i order the part but will post updates.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

can any one tell me what besides a studebaker egine will bolt rite to the 3 speed trans i have a champion tt with a junk flat 6 would like to put at least a in line 6 in her but i dont know what will fit ford or chevy

Comment

Nothing brand X will bolt in and would not be worth the effort if it could. First choice, buy a Studebaker V8 parts car for a few $100 and move everything over. Second choice, buy a brand X parts car and do the same at a lot more expense and labor.
                  One of the big adavantages in the Stude parts car option other then cost and labor is that you'll be able to add the V8 brakes and the rest.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
                  64 GT Hawk
                  64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                  63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                  53 Street rod
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

It shouldn't be too much trouble to run some 2" X 2" 1/8' wall rectangular tube welded to the ford part that bolts to the block. Cut off the rubber. Run them up to the original frame brackets and if you don't like the steel mount method, just put a rubber bisquit between. What's your rearend ratio? Why not run an AOD tranny? I hate those C-4's.

Comment

Working...
                    X