Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I only talked them into about a 10% reduction in costs.

Yesterday a friend of mine rolled her out of the stall, fired her up and decided to drive her around for a while. Paul had previously hinted that since it had been running a little rough that it might need some new, premium gas, plus it was about to run out anyway, so we put 5 gallons in it and almost immediately we realized some benefits. I decided to let him drive it in back and forth in this secluded area. I taught him how to shift it from LO to DR as my linkage is a little loose. 2nd time he took off I noticed the right rear tire leave some rubber. On the 3rd trip I told him to LEAVE SOME RUBBER and he did!! Next trip I said to start off in LO and once the tire begins to spin shift to DR. He did and it burned rubber over 100 feet ( I have to admit that it does have a set of Honda tires on it while the chrome spoked wheels are in the shop for trueing). Anyway, it was fun to see the old Hudson smoking up the area from tire smoke. Even though the tranny still has its leakage problems it seems to be very strong for a DG-200. I just wish I had been able to attain a DG-250 while all this was going on. Overall, I'm happy with it, at least for now.

Comment

Working...
    X