Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

R3 cast headers/Saginaw PS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R3 cast headers/Saginaw PS?

...will they coexist peacefully together in an early C-K? I seem to remember someone saying they wouldn't, but Dave Thibeault, Jon Myer, Don Simmons and Phil Harris all said they thought that they should fit, but of course none of them could actually say for sure that they had seen this combination. (This is why you go to Reedsville, once an idea pops into your head you can get several expert opinions in a very short period of time!)

Dave T. seems to think that with just a cam, big valve heads, and the R3 headers I should be able to get close to 300 HP out of a standard 289. Does this sound a little optimistic? I've also got a "stone clone" intake, 600 CFM carb and the "loud tone" mufflers. I am running the numbers in my head and if that's a realistic figure, I think I might have to figure out how to afford it. 300HP sounds a heck of a lot better than 225 or whatever it is stock

Alternately, if anyone has a Saginaw manual box for a C-K that they'd be willing to sell, I might be able to be tempted, although the PS is kinda nice... (I'm not as vehemently opposed to it as I am to the Hydrovacs... yeah, I know people like 'em but I'm not one of those people <G&gt

thanks,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Nate, I thought this came up before somewhere and the answer was NO the Saginaw/R3 headers would not go together.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Nate, I might have one available eventually. I want to ADD a Saginaw PS setup to my 53 coupe.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X